Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Passing Of My Father-In-Law

The past month or so has been very difficult. My 91 yr old father-in-law just started wearing down. I think since his wife passed in 2007 he has been so sad that he had trouble finding a reason to continue. One infection after another would happen at the nursing home. A trip to the hospital...tests, more and more medicine. He was transfered to Heartland Hospice in Hockessin, De a week ago this past Monday. On 1/20/2011 he passed into the arms of the angels. Although it was very hard because we all love him so...we could see how much work it was for him to pass. He was so weary of it all. I will always miss him, he was my last parent in this world but am thankful that God will make sure there is no more suffering for Dad. He was a very good and loving man. After the services are done I am going to try to slowly get back to my creative side...need to create some lovely pieces to pull me back to the land of the living. Sometimes that adjustment is hard to do but God does not want us to worry about those that are safe with Him now. I want to thank all my friends for all their kindness during this hard time. God Bless You All.  With much love, Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment